At the completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define Myocarditis and describe the clinical presentation.
- Review physical exam findings and differentiate helpful laboratory testing.
- Discuss imaging modalities, biopsy, and their role in prognosis and guiding treatment.
- List common viral causes of cardiomyopathy.
- Explore cardiac considerations regarding investigational therapies for sequelae of coronavirus SARS 2 COVID 19.
Christine G. DiEnna, DO, MBA, FACOI
Christine G. DiEnna, DO, MBA, FACOI graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, with a minor in Chemistry, from the University of Central Oklahoma. The following year, Dr. DiEnna obtained an Associate of Applied Sciences from Rose State College in Midwest City. In 2009, Dr. DiEnna completed her Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degrees from Oklahoma State University. She completed her internal medicine residency at Largo Medical Center in Largo, Florida and went on to complete a cardiovascular fellowship at Mercy Medical Center North Iowa in Mason City, IA. Board certified in internal medicine and board eligible in cardiovascular disease, Dr. DiEnna holds a license to practice medicine in Oklahoma, Iowa and Florida. Dr. DiEnna currently practices at INTEGRIS Heart Hospital specializing in cardiovascular disease.