A brief overview of hospice, reviewing the difference between hospice and palliative medicine. Discussion of hospice criteria for various disease states, a review of commonly used pain medications in hospice, an introduction to prognostication and when to refer patients to hospice.
1. Understand the difference between Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
2. Have a general understanding of hospice criteria for various disease states.
3. A review of commonly used pain medicines in hospice care.
4. Introduction to prognostication and when to refer to hospice.
5. Introduction/review of hospice levels of care.
|Hospice 101.pdf (18.00 MB)||26 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Started undergraduate work at Sacramento City College in Sacramento, CA then transferred to University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ. Attended medical school at the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (now KCUMB) in Kansas City, MO.Residency was at UCSF-Fresno in Family and Community Medicine. I then worked for TPMG for approximately 10 years in primary care before going back to do a Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at my alma mater UCSF-Fresno. Now working as the Regional Medical Director for Sutter Care At Home - Hospice in Sacramento.
Please wait ...